Electronic Stability & Protection (ESP)
Electronic Stability & Protection (ESP) by Garmin is a passive system that works in the background to subtly correct unusual flight attitudes of your plane.
- Operates when autopilot has been disengaged, when hand flying the aircraft.
- Activates automatically whenever the airplane exceeds one or more flight parameters.
- Uses autopilot servos and sensors, yet operates even when the autopilot is turned off.
- Recognizes and helps correct excessive pitch attitude, roll attitude, or airspeed.
- Augments pilot vigilance: Assists, but does not take control.
- Can be overridden by the pilot at any time.