The new Pagani Huayra R is the brand’s most extreme track-focused hypercar yet and features the new Pagani V12-R engine for the first time in a Huayra model.
The new Pagani Huayra R is the brand’s most extreme track-focused hypercar yet and has features the new Pagani V12-R engine for the first time in a Huayra model.
Combining the highest level of automotive engineering with aerodynamic innovations, the Pagani Huayra is built exclusively for the track and incorporates innovative technologies expected to be rolled out to future road-going Pagani models.
Like the Zonda R, revealed more than ten years ago at the Geneva Motor Show in 2009, the Huayra R is free from the constraints and regulations required of road-legal cars and delivers a driving experience that would be impossible to achieve on the road.
Explaining the inspiration behind the Huayra R, Horacio Pagani is quick to note, though that the Huayra R isn’t just all about aerodynamics and is instead a celebration of performance and art, sharing, “Today’s racing cars are focused exclusively on aerodynamics and are largely the product of the wind tunnel. In the 60s and 70s, however, the cars were very fast, certainly dangerous, but beautiful. Prototype sports cars like the Ferrari P4 or the Ford GT40, or the Le Mans cars, had extremely attractive lines, which are still a huge source of inspiration for our cars Today. The Porsche 917 is my favourite, with its romantic yet bold shape, which gives the impression of a very fast car.
It is beautiful, elegant and timeless. From this desire for freedom, and from the experience of the Zonda R and the cars of the past, came the idea of the Huayra R, like a breath of fresh air.”
Powered by the naturally aspirated Pagani V12-R engine for the first time (all previous Huayra models have used a Mercedes-AMG 6.0 liter twin-turbocharged V12), the new 12-cylinder 6-liter engine has been developed in partnership with Mercedes motorsports partner HWA. It delivers 850HP at 8250rpm and 553 lb-ft of torque, making it even more powerful than the Huayra Imola at 827HP.
“In 2008 we were working on the Huayra, a very challenging and demanding project from an engineering and stylistic point of view. After so many years, I felt an overwhelming desire for freedom and that’s how the Zonda R came about, a track car free from constraints and regulations. Beautiful, high-performing and safe, the Huayra R, just like the Zonda R, is the freest, most extreme and performance-oriented Pagani car of all time,” says Horacio Pagani,
The Pagani Huayra R will be limited to 30 models and starts at a base price of €2.6 million (plus tax) which also gets you access to Pagani’s “Arte In Pista” (art on the track) calendar of exclusive owner events around the world.
Pagani Huayra R Technical Specifications
- Engine: Pagani V12-R – 6.0 litres – naturally aspirated 12-cylinder V
- Power: 850 HP (625 kW) at 8250 rpm
- Torque: 750 Nm from 5500 to 8300 rpm
- Transmission: Rear-wheel Drive
- Gearbox: 6-speed sequential, non-synchronized dog ring gearbox
- Brakes: Brembo CCM-R ventilated discs: Front 410×38 mm with monolithic 6-piston calipers; Rear 390×34 mm with monolithic 6-piston calipers
- Wheels: APP forged monolithic aluminum alloy: Front 19 inches; Rear 19 inches
- Tyres: Pirelli P Zero slick version – Dry and Wet: Front 275/675 R19; Rear 325/705 R19
- Suspension: Forged aluminum alloy independent double wishbone with helical springs and electronically controlled shock absorbers
- Chassis: Monocoque in Pagani Carbo-Titanium HP62 G2 and Carbo-Triax HP62 with front and rear tubular subframes in CrMo alloy steel
- Dry Weight: 2314 lb (1050 Kg)